Stafone Staffing, 187 Dundas St, Suite #5, London, Ontario (“Stafone Staffing”, “Stafone.com”, “Stafone”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Personal information we may collect from you
- We will collect any information you provide to us when you use our contact forms (for example “Application form”) like name, phone number, email address, country and your resume or CV. The delivery of your personal information through our contact forms is not a statutory or predetermined requirement; nevertheless, please note that fields marked with an asterisk (*) are obligatory fields, because we need this data to comply with or respond to your request.
- Other information or personal information you share with us when completing our contact forms or attaching documents is in your sole discretion.
- In some cases, we will also collect ‘sensitive personal information’ (This is information that gets special protection under our privacy laws. It is data about your ethnic origin or race, political opinions, trade union membership, religious or philosophical beliefs, health, genetic or biometric details, sex life and details of any criminal convictions or similar you may be subject to) where we are permitted to do so by law (so in some countries we will ask you about your background for equal opportunities monitoring). When you decide to give us your so called ‘personal sensitive data, by giving us that information, you approve that we may use it in the way set out in this Privacy Information Statement.
- When you contact us, we keep a record of that communication.
- We will collect personal data when your visit to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, weblogs, location data, content from surveys and contact forms and additional communication data and the resources that you access. Our collection of your personal information makes your visit to the Website easier for the future as we will be able to recommend Content that is appropriate to you depending on the location you access our Website from.
- We use this personal information to send you direct promotions via e-mail when you opt-in for these purpose in the applicable contact forms. You may choose to opt-out of receiving future marketing communications at any point in time.
We may also store cookies as set out in more detail in our www.stafone.com/cookie-policy.
Specifically, we may also collect personal information when an individual:
- Visits on our Website;
- Applies for a Job;
- Signs-up to receive job alerts;
- Signs-up to receive job and career related emails;
- Participate in a survey;
- Shares a job posting with a friend;
Contacts us with a question, comment or complaint.
creating a job alert
If you sign up to receive job alerts, we will collect your email address, postal code and keywords for your job search. We use this information in order to sent you email communications about new jobs in your area that match your interests.
signing up for communications
We may offer you the ability to sign-up to receive emails with job and career related information or other newsletters from us. When you sign-up, we collect information such as your name and email address which we use to send you the communications you requested to receive. You can opt-out of getting these correspondence from us by ensuing the opt-out or “unsubscribe” directions provided in your email, or by communicating us as set out below. Please make a note that you might continue to receive the job alerts you have signed up to receive and as well as relevant emails regarding jobs you have applied for.
Once in a while, we may offer you the chance to partake in one of our surveys. The information obtained through our surveys is used in an aggregated, non-personally identifiable form. We use this information to help us better understand our applicants and improve our Website and services.
When you contact us with a question, comment, or complaint, you may be asked for info that identifies you (such as your email address, name, address and phone number) along with supplementary information we need from you to help us promptly answer your question or reply to your complaint or comment. We can also retain this information to support you in the future and to improve our product, customer service and service offerings, and events and promotions.
We may also transfer any information we have about you as our asset in connection with a proposed or completed sale or merger (including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings) involving all or part of Stafone Staffing or as part of a corporate reorganization or other change in corporate control.
How we use your information
- To provide you with the services you expect us to, like providing recruitment services and contracting, according to terms and conditions stated in the site;
- To find you suitable jobs/assignments to apply for, helping you with training, or facilitating the process of applying for jobs/assignments. This may include sending your Resume to prospective employers for their attention and keeping you up-to-date of future work opportunities by telephone, email, mail and/or other communication methods;
- to respond to your request or questions when you contact us.
- to send to you other information – such as Stafone upcoming events or newsletters – that may be of interest to you.
- to further develop, test and improve our website, or other existing or new systems/processes to better serve you; this mainly takes place in the context of new IT processes and systems, so that data about you can be used in the testing of those new IT processes and systems where mock data cannot fully imitate the operation of that newly built IT system;
- to perform studies and statistical and analytical research, for example to compare the effectiveness of our placement of candidates between different business sectors and geographies and seek to identify features that might effect any differences we identify;
- to transfer data to third parties (see below);
- where necessary, to comply with any legal obligation; and
- we may also process your information to:
- promote the security and protection of people, premises, systems and assets;
- monitor compliance with internal policies and procedures;
- administer communications and other systems used by the Stafone Staffing (including internal contact databases);
- investigate or respond to incidents and complaints;
- in the case of photos or videos of training sessions, to report internally that the training sessions have taken place and their content (for example in internal updates) and to market comparable sessions externally and internally to other third parties;
- comply with rights and obligations and cooperate with investigations if carried out by police, regulators or government; and
- participate in any potential or actual purchase or sale, or joint venture, of all or part of a business or company, that any member of the Stafone Staffing Group wishes to participate in.
Our use of your data as mentioned above is permitted by appropriate data protection law because it is:
- necessary for our genuine interests in pursuing the purposes set above and such interests in each case not being superseded by your privacy interests;
- in some cases, necessary to meet our regulatory or legal responsibilities, such as disclosures to authorities, government bodies or regulators; or
- in some cases, essential for the performance of tasks carried out in public interest and, when we use special types of personal information, necessary for establishing, defending or exercising legal claims or where processing relates to personal information manifest in the public domain;
- in limited circumstances, administered with your consent which we attain from you from time to time, such as when you opt-in to get marketing communications and news via email.
We keep your information for the longest of the period required, in order to meet our regulatory or legal responsibilities. The retention period of your personal data depends on the respective purpose the information is processed for and the respective tools such personal data is processed in. It is not possible for us to outline the various retention periods in a judiciously intelligible format under this Policy. The criteria used to determine the appropriate retention period are that we will retain the personal data set out in this policy for as long as (i) it is necessary for the respective purpose, (ii) it is necessary to carry out our business relationship with you, (iii) you have consented to, and/or (iv) required by applicable legal retention laws.
Is it must to give us the personal information we ask for?
You are not indebted to provide your personal data to us, but it is close to impossible for us to work with you and be able to provide our services if you do not.
Sharing with third parties
To enable our effective use of your information, and to provide you with the resources and/or content, we also disclose your information to third parties. Nevertheless, this disclosure only occurs in the following circumstances:
To suppliers, agents and contractors. From time to time we may also engage or employ other companies and/or individuals to perform these functions on our behalf. We could, for example, engage a supplier to carry out our operational and administrative work in support of our relationship with you. The supplier(s) will be subject to legal and other contractual obligations to preserve the privacy of your data and to respect your confidentiality, and will only have access to the data that they need to perform their duties; the relevant suppliers are commonly IT suppliers (who support or host our IT systems, including information about you), premises management companies (who look after our physical security at our buildings, and therefore might need to know about you to allow access to our buildings) and back office providers of finance and accounting management (who may need to handle details of candidates in order to process accounts payable and receivable). We might also engage suppliers who provide IT technology services and solutions, which may include video interview and skills assessment tools;
Such beneficiaries will only have access to your personal data as required by them to perform their functions and are not permitted to use such personal data for any other purposes. These receivers will be subject to contractual privacy obligations.
- To members of the Stafone Staffing group of companies in other countries. These may be located in or outside the European Union or Switzerland; different associates of the group fulfil different purposes and as a result your information may be shared with them for different reasons:
- information is shared with members of the Stafone Staffing group that provide IT functions for the Stafone Staffing companies world-wide; those IT functions are located among others in Czech Republic, France, India, The Netherlands, UK, USA
- information is also shared with Stafone Staffing affiliates world-wide where you have expressed an interest in opportunities in that market, or members of the Stafone Staffing Group identify that you may have skills required or helpful for that market.
- To our clients or prospective employers: we will share your information with our clients who are offering assignments/jobs you may be interested in, or who may be interested in your profile. They owe contractual and other confidentiality obligations in relation to your data to us, and to you;
- We will share your data with police, government, law enforcement agencies or regulators, at our sole discretion, we consider that we are legally authorized or obliged to do so or it would be prudent to do so; and
- As part of our due diligence relating to (or implementation of) a acquisition, merger or any other business transaction we might have to disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer and also their advisers.
IP addresses and cookies
We collect data about your computer, including your IP address, browser type and operating system for our system administration. This is a statistical data about our user’s browsing patterns and actions and does not classify you or any individual. For the same reasons, we may also obtain information about your other general internet usage by using a cookie file which are stored on your device.
If your computer is shared with/by other people, we suggest that you do not select the ‘remember my details’ option when that option is offered to you by the Website.
Although we will do our very best to protect your personal data, you should also be aware that the transmission of information through the internet is not entirely secure and we cannot promise the security of your personal data transmitted to the Website or any other third party; for this very reason, any transmission is at your own risk. But we will use firm operational procedures and adequate, organizational and technical security measures to prevent all sort of unauthorized access, deletion, change or transmission of this personal data.
We will be only sending marketing communications to you through email where ever you have consented that we could do so. We will typically offer you a check box on our forms where we use to collect your personal data where, when you agree to receive marketing communications, you have to check and click the box. Where we send marketing communications to you through email, you may also opt out of receiving any such further marketing communications by clicking the ‘opt-out’ or ‘unsubscribe’ option in the email. In addition, you can also exercise your opt-out right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] and providing the following information: your name, contact telephone number, your email address, all the marketing communications that you would like to opt out of receiving.
Changes to this Policy
The terms of this Policy could change from time to time. We will publish any material changes to our Policy through appropriate notices either on this website or by contacting you using other communication means.